Gettysburg College is excited to offer several opportunities for high school juniors and sophomores to attend academic camps over the summer months. Subjects include psychology, history, creative writing, piano, or information technology. Please find information to share with your students about our academic camps below:
- Camp Psych - Campers will get hands-on experiences that introduce them to research in psychology during this fun, challenging, and engaging introduction to the field.
- Sunderman Piano Institute - Pianists 12-17 years old who desire to improve their performance skills, collaborate with other pianists, and dive deeply into related music subjects of their choice. Pianists will have opportunities to perform in daily studio class, and the final Friday concert will showcase pianists in both solo and ensemble works.
- Writing Camp - Students gain an in-depth introduction to all four genres of creative writing: fiction, poetry, nonfiction, and writing for stage and screen.
- 3D Object Modeling and Printing Camp - Students will study 3D object modeling and printing starting with the basics of a 3D printer. After learning the fundamentals, they will practice designing objects.
- Coding for Robotics & Electronics Camp - Students will gain hands-on experiences in coding, wiring, hardware, and building robots through the open source software known as Arduino. Throughout this camp, campers will learn basic electrical engineering, the physics behind electricity, and how to think like a scientist.
- Civil War Institute Summer Conference - The High School Student Scholarship component of Gettysburg College's annual Civil War Institute summer conference provides high school students an opportunity to explore the history of the Civil War era on the site of the war's most decisive battle.
Dean of Admissions
Dean of Admissions
P.S. The deadline date for seniors to apply to Gettysburg College is approaching - January 15th for Early Decision II and Regular Decision.