BELMAR PARENT TEACHER ORGANIZATION, (PTO)
1101 MAIN STREET, BELMAR, NEW JERSEY 07719
The Belmar Elementary School PTO is once again awarding two $1,000
scholarships to recent high school graduates to help with the cost of
continuing their education after high school. To qualify, the applicant
must be 1) a graduate of Belmar Elementary School, 2) graduating high school this June, and (3) attending college in the fall. The scholarship recipients will be selected based on several factors, including academics, community service, involvement in extracurricular activities, and the applicant’s essay submission.
Applications must be postmarked by May 17, 2019. Recipients will be
selected no later than May 31, 2018, and will be notified via email.
Applications are available on the school’s website, www.belmar.k12.nj.us. Click on the tab for “Parents-Community,” then
“PTO,” then “PTO Scholarships”. You can also email us at
PTO@belmar.k12.nj.us and we will be glad to email an application to
BELMAR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PTO SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION Applicant Requirements: 1. Graduated from Belmar Elementary School 2. Current resident of Belmar or Lake Como 3. Graduating high school this June 4. Attending college in the fall Please fill out the application below. If you need more space, feel free to attach answers on a separate piece of paper.
1. Class Rank: ______of ______
2. SAT Scores: Verbal______ Math ______
3. Attach a copy of high school transcript.
4. College(s) or school(s) being considered: __________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________
5. Please list any extracurricular activities you participated in during high school. ____________ ______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________
6. Please list any community service involvement during high school, including any awards or honors received. ________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________
7. Please list any employment you held during high school. _____________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________
8. Tell us which teacher(s) influenced you the most at Belmar Elementary School and why. Your response should be no more than two typewritten pages.
BELMAR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PTO SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION (cont’d)
Student Number: _____ (to be filled in by the Scholarship Committee)
Address: ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________
Email Address: _________________________________________________________________
Home Phone: __________________________________________________________________
Cell Phone: ____________________________________________________________________
Date of Birth: __________________________________________________________________
High School: __________________________________________________________________
Application should be mailed to:
Attn: Kendy Thompson
Belmar Elementary School PTO
1101 Main Street
Belmar, NJ 07719
Application must be postmarked by May 17, 2018.
Recipients will be selected no later than May 31, 2018, and will be notified via email.
Thank you for applying. We wish you continued success in your schooling!